Tuesday, December 9, 2008

# 2 in the "Everyday Life Series"


When I was a little girl my Great Grandma Finney had a wringer washer. To get the water out of the clothes we had to send them through this roller contraption. It was crazy-cool and I always wanted to help. I can still hear her say "watch your fingers... If you get em caught in the rollers they will be flat as a pancake." Ouch! When the laundry was clean we would push the washer back outside on to her back porch then go hang our clothes on the line to dry. I wish I had a picture of that old machine and the laundry blowing in the wind.

When my kids grow up and have children I want them to be able to look back and see how our everyday life really was. Take a picture of your dirty laundry over flowing from the baskets. The clean folded piles of clothes with your child's favorite shirt on top. Your washer/dryer while they are running and lit up. What about the soap and softener you use. What is high tech now surely won't be in 20 years.
Thanks,
Shannon
After some requests I have added a 2ND page to this series.
Pieces are pre-cut and titles are included. This kit sells for $12.00
Item description: SP-LAUNDRY $12.00

No comments: